- About IE&M
- Prospective Students
- Student Organizations
- Course Catalog
- Class Schedule
- Undergraduate Degree Plan
John Lewis earned his BS and MS in Industrial Engineering and Management from OSU in 1982 and 1984, respectively. Immediately after graduating in 1984 John worked as an Industrial Engineer for Allied-Signal Aerospace and held various leadership positions from Project Manager to Director of Manufacturing. Some of John’s accomplishments during his tenure at Allied-Signal were:
- Served as Director of Remanufacturing at AlliedSignal Aerospace where he led repair and overall piece part operations. Implemented lean and drove down lead times by 50 percent with an 80 percent reduction in backlog and a 15 percent increase in sales.
- Led the merging of the manufacturing portion of GED and GAPD for AlliedSignal which included the layout and moving of approximately 1,000 machine tools and the redistribution of 3,200 machinists for a $1.2 billion company.
- Led a cross-functional design team chartered with redefining the organization and structure of manufacturing turbine engine components. Led the application of group technology principles to define product lines, capacity analysis, resource allocation, machine layout, development of performance measures, and development of manufacturing management structure, sourcing strategy and cell team implementation.
- Led the military IMEP Nozzle Segment Cell project for the Army and AlliedSignal. This $3 million project consisted of developing and installing new manufacturing equipment, rolling out newly innovated MRP software to allow single-piece flow, and driving lean manufacturing concepts throughout the cell. This resulted in a 20 percent cost reduction, 89 percent lead-time reduction and an 85 percent reduction in work in process (WIP).
John left Allied in 1998 to start his own Tier I Aerospace machining business which he successfully grew and operated until 2012. John grew the business to over $5M in sales.
In 2012 John joined TBM Consulting Group where as a Client Manager he leads multiple large-scale client engagements. He has been instrumental in retaining and growing the client base by 20% over the past two years as well as developing deep relationships with client executives who view John as a trusted advisor. John regularly manages more than $3M of consulting engagements across a broad range of industries from consumer goods to aerospace.
John is a former member of the Oklahoma State University Foundation board and a former member of the Board of Associates in the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology.