- About IE&M
- Prospective Students
- Student Organizations
- Course Catalog
- Class Schedule
Industrial Engineering & Management
Oklahoma State University
215 General Academic Building
Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078-5016 USA
Phone: (405) 744-6055
Areas of Interest
- Supply chain management
- Revenue management
- Queuing models
- Transportation and IT network optimization
- Operations research methods applied in manufacturing and service operations
Ph.D., Transportation and Logistics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2005.
M.S., Industrial Engineering and Management Science, Northwestern University, 2001.
M.S., Control Theory and Control Engineering, Tsinghua University, 2000.
B.S., Control Theory and Control Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1997.
Assistant Professor, School of Industrial Engineering and Management, Oklahoma State University, 08/2005 -
Research Intern, IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, 05/2004 – 08/2004.
Research Intern, Haier Group, 07/1999 – 08/1999.
Research Assistant, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 09/2001 - 06/2005.
Teaching Assistant, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 09/2003 - 01/2005.
Selected Publications and Paper Presentations
- Liu, T. 2008. Economic Lot Sizing Problem with Inventory Bounds. European Journal of Operations Research. 185(1), 204-215
- Duran, S., T. Liu, D. Simchi-Levi, and J. Swann. Policies Utilizing Tactical Inventory Policies for Service-Differentiated Customers. Operations Research Letters. 36(2), 259-264
- Iravani, S., T. Liu, L. Luangkesorn, D. Simchi-Levi. 2007. A Produced-to-Stock System with Advance Information and Secondary Customers. Naval Research Logistics. 54 (3), 331-345
- Duran, S., T. Liu, D. Simchi-Levi, J. Swann. 2007. Demand Management of Time and Price Differentiated Customers. IIE Transactions. 39 (9), 845–861
- Li, X., N. Ye, T. Liu, and Y. Sun. 2007. Job Scheduling to Minimize the Weighted Waiting Time Variance of Jobs. Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 52, No. 1, pp.41-56
- Liu, T., Y. Fan. Analysis and Design of Application Coordination Module Based on Workflow Management Method. Computer Engineering and Application, Vol.35, No.2, 1999
- Liu, T., Y. Fan. Simulation and Modeling of Enterprise Process Based on Workflow. Journal of Tsinghua University Science and Technology, Vol.39, No.2, 2000
- Liu, T., G. Xiong, J. Shen, Y. Fan, T.R. Nyberg. Research on CIMS Application in Modern Pulp & Paper Industry. Industrial Instrumentation and Automation, Vol.30, No.3, 2000
- Shen, J., G. Xiong, Liu T., T.R. Nyberg, Y. Fan. Research on Enterprise Integrated Techniques in CIPS. Information and Control, Vol.29, No.5, 2000
Awards, Honors and Professional Society Memberships
S.T. Lin Fellowship from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2003.
Walter P. Murphy Fellowship from Northwestern University, 2000.
Rockwell Scholarship from Tsinghua University, 1999.
Guanghua Scholarship from Tsinghua University, 1998.
Member: INFORMS since 2003